Odroid c2 OpenPHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhoot

Patron
Hello. It might come as an off topic but I thought this would be the best place to discuss this.
I could go to plex forums with the same question but I find this forum to be more helpful. (PS I only have a handful of posts on Plex forums:D)

So anyone who's used Rasplex on the Rpi3 must have dreaded the x265 1080p. Other shortcomings of the RPI3 are obvious max output 1080p/100Mbit LAN connection/1GB ram/Slower processor. Don't for once think I'm trying to say the Pi3 is bad. I have a total of 7 pi's and havent been able to throw out any including the pi0. They are wonderful SBC which have endless usage and capabilities, however they lack muscles for heavy lifting.

Enter Odroid c2. It's more expensive than the Pi3 but the specs are something to drool upon. I do want a wife friendly device hence can't have a mini HTPC running all over the house for playing media. The Pi's small form factor is a definite + and the small size obscures it from the view of anyone.
Coming back, the Odriod c2 supports the x265 and outputs stuff upto 4k. I live in a country where the SBC aren't available easy or cheap. The raspberry comes in at about $50-60 and currently the odroid is $100+. Most sites that sell these things don't have a return policy. Thus I would want to be sure of the improvements/compatibility of the new hardware.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you have some sort of question?

And you are correct, this should be in the off topic forum.

Bhoot

Patron
Did you have some sort of question?

And you are correct, this should be in the off topic forum.

Just wanted to know the performance improvements/troubles setting it up (if at all) and a general feel of using OpenPHT on an Odroid c2.

Status
Not open for further replies.