No traffic the server keep going down on my peer to peer network (unable change link status to up)

golfball1810

Cadet
I have two computers one computer I connect to FreeNAS admin panel (home computer) and the second computer is FreeNAS Plex server. I have a peer-to-peer connection between two computers with which I use for file sharing. After few hours of not using this connection to the FreeNas server, the link state goes from up to down. Is there a way to keep the link state to stay UP. Please note my intel x540-t2 10gbe 2 port ethernet card does not have Wake On Lan. The only way I can get link state to go back up is to delete the connection and reenter it again or restart the server. I tried many ifconfig commands with no success. I also added commands to the options box under the network port.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Check to see if the Yottamark on the card validates. There are a lot of fake X540 cards out there, and "not working right" is a typical symptom.

Check to make sure that you have adequate airflow over the card. A classic error is to take this card, designed for rackmount servers with significant back-to-front airflow forced over the PCI cards, and to put it in an ATX chassis with minimal to no airflow. This causes the card to slowly bake and eventually crash.

For additional help, please review the Forum Rules, conveniently posted at the top of every page in red. Users are asked to post a hardware manifest describing their system, and also relevant configuration information. Posters who have provided good information generally get much better responses than posters who don't.