No succesful login to jira when trying from TN13 console

profwalken

Patron
Hi ,
I'd like to send a bug report from TN13 console and when I use the login button to jira i get a 502 bad gateway nginx . on several TN13 have tried ,I get the same result so it seems to me, the problem is not on my server's side.

What can I do to retrieve feature working properly?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you visit the "Report a bug" link at the top of this page, do you get the option to log in?

If so, make sure you can login, then make sure you're not blocking pop-ups on your TrueNAS server page and try again.

profwalken

Patron
Hi,
I don't understand where I should find the link you mention,
in console/system/support I have that.
1685027897060.png

clicking on "LOGIN TO JIRA" button I get all the time a windows with
1685028095328.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I don't understand where I should find the link you mention,
On the forum pages (where you are reading this now), at the top, there's a menu row... Forums What's new Documentation ... Report a Bug

profwalken

Patron
Ok i got it, and I can log in to Jira, but in that case why isn't it working through the console ?

profwalken

Patron
I found this : It seems ix server is down

1685085883823.png

1685086395649.png

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm not aware that there was a change between 13.0-U3 and 13.0-U4 on this, but I'm able to log in from my 13.0-U4 system without issue. Perhaps upgrading your NAS would resolve the issue.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I had no issue logging into Jira as well from TrueNAS Core 13-U4 just now. I also logged into the Jira webpage. Make sure that on the Jira webpage you click on the upper right icon to actually log into the service, not just display the reports on the screen which you do not need to log in to view.

profwalken

Patron
I'm not aware that there was a change between 13.0-U3 and 13.0-U4 on this, but I'm able to log in from my 13.0-U4 system without issue. Perhaps upgrading your NAS would resolve the issue.
No luck for me even in U4

profwalken

Patron
Well I tryed to dig some more,
  1. changing browser --> KO
  2. changing PC on same LAN --> KO
  3. Changing Browser on 2nd PC -->KO
  4. Connecting from another LAN coming from a 4G router ---> OK
So it seems something is blocked from my native LAN , but for now no idea what.
My ISP is a french provider "FREE" with fiber connection, and my LAN is simple and with no QOS nor VPN or advanced security rules.

If you have any idea what could be the thing to check , i'm a gratefully listener

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
Here is the actual URL to log into the JIRA website. If you cannot reach this then you likely have a firewall issue.

Code:
https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/NAS/issues

You can try to ping the URL ixsystems.atlassian.net and it should at least locate the IP address of: 104.192.142.xx (I got both .18 and .20 at different times). If the DNS can't find the IP then you know it's the DNS.

If it's the DNS, you could change to 8.8.8.8 as your DNS, that should work. I'm not a networking guru at all but those are all the ideas I have right now. Best of luck to you.

I wish my ISP were free. I pay almost $100 USD a month for service, way too much money but I stream my TV shows and need an ISP for that. If there was another provider in town, I'd use them.

profwalken

Patron
My ISP (Free is just their name, not they are free to use:wink:) you can see there : https://www.free.fr

Well I did some progress in diagnostic, finally if I use my PC connected to another LAN becoming from a 4G router , then it works and I'm able to get Jira .
For me now, it's oubviously a problem coming from my ISP, I opened a support to my ISP (Free) to get this fixed from my fiber internet access.
Hope in few days in the next week i will have some explainations and fix.

I already use 8.8.8.8 as DNS resolver, and I did change this value to see but with no better luck.

Last edited:

profwalken

Patron
I wish my ISP were free. I pay almost $100 USD a month for service, way too much money but I stream my TV shows and need an ISP for that. If there was another provider in town, I'd use them.
mine (Free) cost me 39.99 € per month with fiber line with 1Gb/s DL, 700Mb/s UL and including TV and phone line included with plan for mobile and unlimited land calls + foreign countries

profwalken

Patron

joeschmuck

Old Man
You MUST create an account on the website before you can use TrueNAS to report a bug. The URL I provided is for that website. It's also the same link as "Report a Bug" at the top of the forum pages. Have you created an account? Or is this the URL you cannot reach?

I do not mean to treat you like you know nothing, I can clearly see that you have been a member for a long time. But I always treat people as if they know nothing because if I assume someone knows what I'm talking about, it could lead to disaster. Not of course in this case but you know what I mean. So I hope you do not take any offence to it.

Once you have created an account on the website, then you can open up the support page, click on LOGIN TO JIRA, see screen shot below, and then authenticate your account (see screen shot below) and your TrueNAS will be logged in.

Attachments

• scrren1.jpg
    scrren1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 54

profwalken

Patron
You MUST create an account on the website before you can use TrueNAS to report a bug. The URL I provided is for that website. It's also the same link as "Report a Bug" at the top of the forum pages. Have you created an account? Or is this the URL you cannot reach?
Yes thanks I have one account already existing and functional and yes, it's ok to reach support page from the link you pasted or the one existing on forum menus. My problem is only from console in TN13 the login button is not working for me but like I said it seems related to my isp as if i switch my pc to a 4G router then if works like a charm.
I get 502 bad gateway each time I click on
1685229530805.png
but for sure this is ISP problem.

1685229512772.png

No I didn't thought your answers could be an offence and no I don't know everything on everything , so help and share with others is the point of the forums in general and is welcome.

I will keep here posted when problem will be fixed by ISP

joeschmuck

Old Man
Best of luck to you figuring this problem out.

profwalken

Patron
Well my ISP said it was not in their hands; they confirm it's ok for them and they asked me to try with a VPN connection.

I did try and , ......it works from VPN so this let me think this is my public IP which is filtered or blacklisted somewhere on IXservers.
Are you same feeling as me ?
If so who can help me to retrieve access from my Public IP which is static?

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is an interesting development.

To recap:
1) You can access the "Report a Bug" link at the top of this page and log into a JIRA account without any issue. (https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/NAS/issues)
2) You cannot login to the JIRA account using TrueNAS Support page in the GUI, UNLESS you are using a VPN. (support-proxy.ixsystems.com/...)

Does that sound correct?

What I'm perplexed about is your web browser works fine without a VPN. I guess the proxy server could be rejecting it but that topic is way beyond my knowledge level.

profwalken

Patron