No drop-down option to upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2u7?

In the release notes and upgrade instructions it reads:

Then, select the FreeNAS-11.3-STABLE train from the drop-down train menu.

No such option exists in my 11.2u7 system. Does it take some time before it makes visible the option to switch to the 11.3-STABLE train?

See screenshot below:

no-113-stable-option.png

Last edited:

pschatz100

Guru
That is very curious. I have the 11.3 update available in my drop-down menu. Does everything else work OK?

Please post your system specs. It is not really possible to comment without know what your system is.

Malloc

Cadet
In my case it is a hyper-v VM on xeon-d board from supermicro with 2 cores and 8gb ram allocated. System drive is a regular vhdx and I have two pools, each consisting of two ssds attached via pass-through. No plugins installed, so "everything else" are just the smb shares, which work fine.

I can lookup the exact specs and configuration tomorrow if that would help. Stramgely I believe that I saw the 11.3 train before updating from 11.2u6 to 11.2u7.

pschatz100

Guru
I won't be able to help you as I do not have any experience running FreeNAS from a VM. I can also tell you that the experienced users on this forum will not comment unless you post details of your system - including the details of your hyperviser. If you search the forums a bit, you will find many posts about issues when setting up FreeNAS in various hypervisors.

Good luck.

Malloc

Cadet
Just wanted to mention that for some reason, the 11.3 train reappeared in the update menue 2 days later and the upgrade worked without a problem.

I find it hard to believe that the VM had anything to do with it though, unless the update distribution is explicitly held back from certain hardware configurations. I mean - it makes sense that the VM can be the source of problems related to zfs or the update process itself, but related to the functionality of the webinterface? When FreeBSD is explicilty supported by hyper-V? I'd find that very strange.

Thanks anyway.

Just wanted to mention that for some reason, the 11.3 train reappeared in the update menue 2 days later and the upgrade worked without a problem.

I figured I'd just use 11.2 for a while and jump to the 12.x series, eventually. After reading your comment, I decided to try again. After a few attempts, the drop-down menu eventually changed and the 11.3 option appeared!

I guess I just had to wait 3 weeks to upgrade. It's not a live-or-die situation, but it is still confusing as to why the update process wasn't as streamlined as the guide made it out to be.

Thank you Malloc for the follow-up!

budmannxx

Contributor
Is there a way to force update the release train dropdown? I just upgraded from 11.2-U6 to 11.2-U8 with the intention of then upgrading to 11.3, but I have the same issue as above--no 11.3 train in the dropdown...

UPDATE: I guess I should mention that I also have an "Update Train EOL Reached" alert in the GUI. Google says there are zero results when I search for that text.

UPDATE2: I just logged out and back into the GUI, and 11.3 is now available in the dropdown. Very weird, but I'm all good now.

Last edited:

McKoene

Cadet
Thanks für Update2: Logging out and back in brought the Update Train Up for me too.

High Voltage

Explorer
Is there a way to force update the release train dropdown? I just upgraded from 11.2-U6 to 11.2-U8 with the intention of then upgrading to 11.3, but I have the same issue as above--no 11.3 train in the dropdown...

UPDATE: I guess I should mention that I also have an "Update Train EOL Reached" alert in the GUI. Google says there are zero results when I search for that text.

UPDATE2: I just logged out and back into the GUI, and 11.3 is now available in the dropdown. Very weird, but I'm all good now.

I was having this same issue until I popped on here and saw your post about update 2, that also worked to fix this for me, so I logged on to like your post and state that that also fixed this issue for me, so thank you budmannxx

if anybody else has this issue, it seems that does the trick.

stevewest15

Cadet
Thank you, that fixed my issue as well. Wish TrueNAS team would fix this bug. Logging out and then back in, and now I see the stable release in the dropdown menu.