No configured interfaces were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Finch

Cadet
Having downloaded the software to dvd, booted from dvd with USB drive attached. the first boot up appeared successful, following instructions i rebooted, removing dvd and loaded from the usb. Again all seemed in order i hade the Control setup Nos. 1-14. but what appeared to be not correct was the wording ''No config interfaces were found. Try to do it manually''.
Not know how to do it manually, I pressed 13 Reboot and hoped it would come correctly. But it came the same, having read various topics of help in configuration, there should have been an IP address so I could use my laptop to carry out configuration.
Any idea what went wrong, or can any explain how to configure interfaces manually.
Thanks in anticipation.

File closed see attached config file below.

Last edited:

melloa

Wizard
Hi Colin. To get you started, what's your configuration? Motherboard, memory, disks, network card (if any or using on-board), and ... what router are you using for DHCP?

gpsguy

Please post detailed hardware information and FreeNAS version per the forum rules.

You probably have an unsupported NIC.

Colin Finch

Cadet
Thanks for your responce, I was just returning to post an adendum that I have found the configuration, I am using win7 64bit 8gb Ram 1x1T 1x 250GB 1 x 90BG HHD's. My freenas is 9.10.2 , I have found a Freenas config guide'This Guide covers the installation and use of FreeNAS® 9.10.2-U1,' under Booting my problem was shown. Thanks again. I have to find out where to close this as finished. I have uploaded the file it might help another newcomer.
Config.JPG

melloa

Wizard
Glad you got it working. FreeNAS should have configured that from the DHCP if you are using a router. Doing that manually could also require you to setup your DNS and default gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.