SOLVED No access to groups and users on gui 11.2 U5

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello
I just received my new Supermicro 2U with freenas loaded and configured on a ssd.

I plugged into the power socket and connected it to the lan It booted rapidly and gave me an IP address.

I at my HTPC and i log into the freenas server which I name freenas2 via the IP address i got. I can access the dashboard I can go to groups my users and i can add my user. i can see my test drives and all is fine.

I go to ma laptop on which i will preform all the management function an on which i try all solutions before i propagate the solution to the rest of my pcs.

when I try to login to Freenas2 via my laptop via the same IP address, I insert my username and password and I get the GU and the dashboard.

However when i try to go to the account section i can see the groups and user categories and i try to access these categories they do not open.

They do if i access them from my HTPC

what should I do to access the account section from my laptop?

Thank you in advance for your help

D

dlavigne

Does updating to 11.2-U5 resolve the issue? Your signature says it is running RC2, is that correct?

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello Thank you for your prompt reply

I have 2 freenas boxes.

My old one was upgraded Monday to U5 and all is well with it (this is the one in my signature)

Yesterday I received a Supermicro 2U box preloaded with 11.2 u5 on an SSD. which i plan to use as my primary server

The new one is the one I have a problem with.

They both have different IP address

Once again thank your looking at this

D

dlavigne

Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing in the account section on the system that won't open this page correctly.

Also, are you using the same browser to access the working and not working system? What browser is it and have you tried clearing its cache?

William Bravin

Contributor
Dlavigne thank you for your time.

yes in both cases i am accessing them from chrome

Flushed dns
rest ipconfig
and reset winsock

this seemed to clear the problem now from both machines i can access both freenas boxes These are issues related to windows 10 ver 1809. and btw 1903 is not better.

sorry to have wasted your time

Many thanks for your patience and your assistance