No Access from Jail to internet after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Hi Guys,

Just did an upgrade of FreeNas yesterday as well as an upgrade of the PlexMediaServer plugin and now can no longer get to my Plex server from the external network (I can see it ok on the internal LAN).

On investigation I see I can not ping outside the network from the Plex jail or my web server jail. I can ping the local network fine.

After the upgrade I also had issues with the Plex server plugin jail changing it's MAC address (very annoying), my Fritz.Box router got very upset with that, so had to forget the old IP/MAC and issue a new pair (I have fixed IP's for my servers ..)

What can I do to resolve this?, I have tried everything I can think of..

PS: I have IP forwarded port 32400 for the PlexServer again as I required when it was all working.
My jails are on the same network as FreeNas so no NAT.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Try going back to the version you updated from, and see if everything returns
to normal, there has been posts of late regarding the 9.10.2 and port issues have been reported.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
How do I go back?
I had a look at the old 9.10 versions on the Freenas site , but have no idea what I had or how far back to go ...
Also, why do all the packages have -debug- in their names?

Last edited:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
From the GUI, go to System, click on Boot tab, there will be a window as shown below
boot-tab.JPG
highlight the version just above the one that says On Reboot, Now. In my case it's 9.10.1-U2
boot-tab2.JPG
click the circled command (Activate) and your machine will use that file (the older version) to boot from.
Please consult the user's guide for more details.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Hey BigDave,

Many thanks for the help. I downgraded to 9.10.1 and now everything works again ... awesome ....
I hope the bug is being worked on ....

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Well, spoke too soon ... I can access the Plex server fine, browse content, but can't play anything. Looks like the plugin/jail can't see the storage allocated ..

... arh... had to tick the mount on boot option for storage ... annoying ....

Last edited:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Assuming it's working again, save a copy of the config so you can get back to this point if you need to.

pschatz100

Guru
I recently had a similar problem (I use static IP's as well.) I rebooted my router and everything started working again. To be honest, I didn't bother to figure out exactly why but I think something messed up the NAT and rebooting the router fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.