NIC not recognized on Asus C60M1-I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwall

Dabbler
I have just installed FreeNAS v8.0.3 to a USB stick connected to an Asus C60M1-I which I believe uses a RealTek 8111F, when I boot up I get to the menu that allows me to config an IP so I press 1, then it says to "select an interface (q to quit)" but there's no interface to select. I gather from from my reading online that under the "You may try the following URLs to access the web user interface" message it should list the current IP but in my case an IP is not listed there. Looking at my router I can see that it does not see the NAS.

Others online have used this board with the onboard NIC for FreeNAS, am I missing something here?

smoeschter

Explorer
Hi jwall,

I use the same Board with FreeNas 8.3.1-p2. The NIC is in my case present and get IP Adress with no Problems. Only thing is that I can not use mtu 9000 support. If i change this setting FreeNas running not Stable.
Maybe it is better to get on the 8.3.1-ps version

jwall

Dabbler
Thanks, I've downloaded 8.3.1-p2, I'll try it tonight. For some reason the FreeNAS site offered me 8.0.3 last night so I assumed that was the latest build.

smoeschter

Explorer
Good Luck! By the way the max MTU that you can use for the Realtek NIC is 6000. You can set it under Network Interfaces and in the Option field type: mtu 6000
save it and reboot. Works like a charme :D

jwall

Dabbler
That was the problem smoeschter I have a link now. Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.