NFS Transfer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

napandee

Cadet
Hello!

I've just set up my new FreeNas box (happy user of the 0.7 system for some time)

And I've found some weird transfer speeds. It started when I was using rsync locally on the NAS to transfer data from one ZFS Volume to another one.

I'm seeing great speed (around 60-70mb/s) However about every 30-40 second the transfer "freezes" and halts for about 5-10 seconds and then it resumes....

I've setup my boxee just for testing and mapped the Share both via NFS and Samba. When I use a NFS share I get simulare results as when I was using rsync I dont however seem to be having that issue with a Samba share.

Can any1 think of anything or maybe hand me some advice for something to check out of tweak?

my system spec is the following

AMD x2 250
12GB 1333mzh ram
gigabit network both from server and other machine accessing the FreeNas box

Thank you!

aradke

Cadet
Setting up ESXi and FreeNAS to use NFS is not the difficulty. In fact both make this very easy.

The problem is with the poor NFS performance in FreeNAS 8. So much so that using it as a target for our Linux backups had to be scratched. iSCSI for ESXi and SMB for Windows and Mac perform beautifully on the same hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.