NFS mount does not show all sub directories

rmccullough

Patron
I have an Ubuntu 20 LTS running on a bhyve VM on my FreeNAS 11.2-U8 server.

My pool (Tank) has data sets defined for Media and public. I forget where it was defined, but I also have a "home" directory defined under my pool.

The "public" dataset is configured to use Unix as Share and ACL Type with user/group of root/wheel.
The "Media" dataset is configured for Windows as Share and ACL Type with user/group of root/media.

My NFS share is configured for the /mnt/Tank path, and I have the "All dirs" option enabled.

The Ubuntu has this configured in /etc/fstab:
freenas:/mnt/Tank /mnt/Tank nfs rw 0 0

That seems to mount ok, and I can access sub-directories of /mnt/Tank/home, but I cannot access sub-directories of /mnt/Tank/Media or /mnt/Tank/public.

What am I missing?

What I would really like is to be able to see the following directories (and their sub-directories), but not all of the data sets in my pool:
/mnt/Tank/home
/mnt/Tank/public
/mnt/Tank/Media

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
all_dirs doesn't work across dataset boundaries. You'll need to have separate exports for Tank/public and Tank/Media.

rmccullough

Patron
So I tried that and it didn't seem to work. Can you provide a screenshot though of what you mean by separate exports?

rmccullough

Patron
Hmm, nevermind. I think I found the issue. I had a problem before where it seems like it was complaining when I tried to add multiple mounts. I got it figured out and working. Thank you!