[newb] cannot find my files after importing volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scyllanick

Cadet
Hi
I realise this is probably a dumb problem and I have tried (without success) to research the issue but her goes:

I had Freenas running for a few months without any major headache. I tried updating my Plex Media Server plugin which brought the system to its knees. I decided that instead of trying to repair freenas I would reinstall and start over. I decided to even go beyond that and go completely caveman and once freenas is up and my drives are imported, I would copy ALL of my data over to another hard drive, then start rebuilding freenas from the very beginning; new OS install, new volumes (destroying the data) new datasets, users plugins, and once the system is fresh I would copy all of my data back.

The problem I have now is that I have imported the volume and I can see the size of the data on the storage page (see attachment), I cannot seem to find my files anywhere. I have tried setting up shares to access from windows and even going through each directory in the shell but I cannot find them anywhere. according to freenas the data is taking up the correct amount of space but its hiding from me.

What should I do? I find Freenas a bit of a struggle since I am very familiar with Windows and the logic used for each OS is not the same.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Fnas.jpg
    Fnas.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 149

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
In the shell if you do a 'cd /mnt/Video/media/' then 'ls' you should see all your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.