Trouble auto importing zfs volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently reinstalled freenas after a power outage caused some boot up issues. I got the system back up and running using 9.2.1.9 and doing a auto import of my 2 mirrored hard drives. Once it was back up I had to delete a large time machine backup from my zfs pool. It took a while, then my macbook said it was disconnected from the volume. I tried to find it on the network but my freenas system seems to have hung completely.

I rebuilt the boot drive using 9.2.1.9 again and now I'm able to boot back up. But when I do an auto import, it stays on step 2 for a while then eventually the system reboots and I have to log back in. When I go to the storage tab it just says "No entry can be found"

I tried importing from the command line as well:

Code:
[root@freenas] ~# zpool import
   pool: Media
     id: 275118174166461423
  state: ONLINE
 status: The pool is formatted using a legacy on-disk version.
 action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier, though
    some features will not be available without an explicit 'zpool upgrade'.
 config:

Media                                           ONLINE
     mirror-0                                      ONLINE
       gptid/4209d5b8-a0f4-11e4-9405-001aa09fbb6f  ONLINE
       gptid/09cc4745-7538-11e2-9a1e-001aa09fbb6f  ONLINE
[root@freenas] ~# zpool status
no pools available
[root@freenas] ~#

When I do a zpool import Media, a bunch of text whizzes by pretty fast then my system reboots. When it comes back up theres still no entry. Are my drives completely lost? Is there any way to get them online or to recover the data on them?

m0nkey_

MVP
Sounds like something may have got fried during the outage. Is your box hooked up to a UPS? Can you post details of your system? We need more information to determine the cause.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Sounds like it's the pool who got fried... I hope you have a backup because I don't think it'll end well for the data on the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.