New NAS questions

So I'm looking at building a software based NAS for my PLEX server. Currently the tower running it is capped out on storage and I need more. I have a wide assortment of 3-8TB hard drives and have a spare tower with 6 drive bays, a quad core i7 and 16GB of ram I can easily turn into 32 if needed. My question is can I mix and match drive sizes like drobo or do I need the same drive size like the Dell Perc raid cards? My current plex tower has an older perc card that has me capped to 10TB no matter what drive size I use. I got the tower for free with 2 quad core xeons installed so I didn't complain. Now I need more space and have a bunch of misc parts I can use.

The current plex server will still run the server and still handle downloads for Sonarr and Radarr. I'm just building a sotrage box in case anyone got confused :)

Thanks,

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

provinciale342

Dabbler
spero accettiate un post in italiano.
La mia domanda è questa: sto pensando di costruirmi un NAS basato si Freenas 11.3.
In questo particolare momento sto trovando moltissime difficoltà a trovare una scheda madre con chipset Intel e supporto alle memorie ECC se non a prezzi esorbitanti (oltre i 350 €).
Potreste suggerirmi qualcosa di più economico con le caratteristiche richieste'
Grazie

sretalla