New Freenas version does not detect my hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivabalan

Dabbler
Hello freenas friends,

I am using freenas 8.0.4 for last 2 years. It is solving the purpose sofar.
But i could not upgrade my operating system version anymore.

When i tried at the time of Freenas 8.2 release, Only one hardisk was recognised in Freenas interface. Thought to wait for quite sometime and tried again when 9.2 released. Still the same problem. Since my server is in production environment, I would like to create a clearcut plan if any firmware upgradation needed. but im not sure which of my hardware's firmware should be upgraded. because there are 3 things involved in my architecture ( Motherboard, SaS Expander card, 24 bay frontplane)

Please guide me what should i do to upgrade my OS further.

My server architecture for your reference.

1) Mother board - Supermicro x8s16f
2) One of its SAS ports is connected to Astek A33606-PCI-01 card (It has 7 sas connector ports)
3) 6 sas ports from the card connects the frontplane(24 bays).

Pranam
Siva Balan

warri

Guru
Can't help you with specifics, but keeping the firmware up to date is always a good idea, so why don't you just upgrade the firmware on all components?
Then I'd first upgrade to FreeNAS 8.2 (like you did), then 8.3.2, and finally 9.2.x and make sure everything is working alright at each step.

If your hard disks are not recognized, check dmesg after boot and see if you find any irregularities or errors.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
My first guess is your SAS controller isn't compatible with the updated drivers in FreeNAS...

Status
Not open for further replies.