new freenas and xbmcbuntu deployments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassiveOni

Cadet
heya,

2 weeks ago, i have just deployed 2 new servers,

currently they are

media center : core i7 3610qm / 8gb ddr3 / 64gb os drive / 4x 3tb media drives (9tb raid5)
network storage : core i7 3630qm / 16gb ddr3 / 240gb os drive / 8x 4tb storage drives (2x 12tb raid5)

currently they both have windows 7 professional installed the media center is just running windows media center, and then a few weeks ago, i saw a tek syndicate video and wendell made his nasferatu, and it got me thinking about what else i could use.

so after some googling, i found xbmcbuntu, and i thought this might work.

currently i use the nas machine for storing files, and downloading torrents (the first 12tb raid5) and the storing a backup of all my tv shows and movies.

so what i do, when the torrent is finished, i sort it, and then put it in the media backup, and then synkron will sync the new tv shows or movies onto the media center during the night.

now this is the bit that i cant work out,

freenas can sort and deliver files over the network, download torrents, but i cant work out how to sync files from one network share to another network share

also i would like to be able to backup user files from 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, which im guessing that what crashplan is for, but i havent looked into that anymore yet.

i hope i have explained myself, and people aint shaking there heads saying omgwtf.

cheers

massiveoni

Status
Not open for further replies.