SOLVED New drive failed during resilver, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenjuna

Dabbler
In the midst of replacing the 3TB drives in my 6 drive RAIDZ2 pool with 4TB drives, and the current one being resilvered failed 16% of the way in. I started getting some errors about sectors being unreadable and then Error 5 Unretryable errors on the console every 5 seconds. In any case the resilver says it's running, but nothing is happening.

Not really sure what to do now, and a cursory search did not provide any answers.

Thanks for any advice.

Cain

tenjuna

Dabbler
I should have also mentioned I do have another brand new drive, I tried putting that in, but the previous resilver still says it's in progress. That's where I am stuck, not sure what to do next.

tenjuna

Dabbler
Actually never mind on this I figured it out after beating my head against the wall and sacrificing a chicken.

If anyone runs into this, the answer is to put in the new disk, then replace the unavailable (failed) one just like before. The resilver then start over and all the errors go away.

Going to sacrifice another chicken to make sure this completes successfully. Thank goodness I upgraded my pool to 2 drive parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.