NetXtreme-E 10Gb Ethernet CM57402

hreda

Cadet
Hi,
Is NetXtreme-E 10Gb Ethernet BCM57402 card supported on FreeNAS? I have FreeNAS 11.1-STABLE working fine with the built-in GB Ethernet but the newly added Broadcom NetXtreme cannot be seen in ifconfig -a and indicated as "No Driver attached" in dmesg output.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks...

kdragon75

Wizard
11.1-STABLE
That's the release train, whatsapp version? i.e. 11.1-u4.
Check on the System information page. Also pull the output from lspci and past that into code tags.

hreda

Cadet
Hi,
I put few information as I need to know the answer of my question which is: Does FreeNAS support ‘BCM57402’ NetXtreme-E 10Gb card?
The version I am using is 11.1-U5
I am using Z800 Workstation with two GB ports on mother board (both are working fine as bge0 & bge1).
The new NIC card (2 ports) is ‘BCM57402’ NetXtreme-E 10Gb does not appear in ifconfig -a command. It is listed in pciconf -lv output correctly, but displayed in dmesg command as None (no driver attached).
This NIC card is working fine when I put it on Windows OS.
I am attaching snaps for output of both of dmesg, pciconf -lv, and ifconfig -a commands.

Attachments

• dmesg-NoDriver.PNG
    dmesg-NoDriver.PNG
    144.6 KB · Views: 530
  • NetXtremeBroadcomExistButNoDriver.PNG
    NetXtremeBroadcomExistButNoDriver.PNG
    167 KB · Views: 642
  • 1GB-Config.PNG
    1GB-Config.PNG
    103.5 KB · Views: 504

kdragon75

Wizard
Hi,
I put few information as I need to know the answer of my question which is: Does FreeNAS support ‘BCM57402’ NetXtreme-E 10Gb card?
The version I am using is 11.1-U5
I am using Z800 Workstation with two GB ports on mother board (both are working fine as bge0 & bge1).
The new NIC card (2 ports) is ‘BCM57402’ NetXtreme-E 10Gb does not appear in ifconfig -a command. It is listed in pciconf -lv output correctly, but displayed in dmesg command as None (no driver attached).
This NIC card is working fine when I put it on Windows OS.
I am attaching snaps for output of both of dmesg, pciconf -lv, and ifconfig -a commands.
Next time just copy and paste please.

kdragon75

Wizard
That should be covered be the bnxt driver.
Try adding the following tunable and reboot:
Variable: if_bnxt_load
Value: YES
Type: Loader
Comment: NetXtreme-E

hreda

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. But I already tried this tunnable setting exactly as what you mentioned but still same problem is existing!
I checked the FreeNAS OS and could not find driver for bnxt or bxe. Moreover, I have downloaded the bnxt driver from Dell from the below link but could not compile it as # make install command displays a lot of errors!
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PVX1H
Is it a right way to download the driver and compile?

Ashley Drees

Dabbler
Thanks to this thread I have been able to set up my BCM57412 NetXtreme-E and have it running, however, if i want to send setup commands to it, where would i set that.