Network slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axe

Dabbler
My setup is as follows:

My router is connected to a powerline adapter via the mains; that in turn is connected to another powerline adapter that is connected to TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch; my PC is in turn connected to the switch: TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit and so is my FreeNAS. The FreeNas base is HP ML10 v2 G3240, 1Gb 332i Ethernet. The powerline adapters used are TRENDnet TPL-406E2K 500 Mbps. In addition, I do use the powerline adapters ON NETWORKS - PL200-199UKS 200Mbps but these are not connected to the above setup.

When transferring files from my laptop (to give one example) via ethernet cable (I prefer that option rather than wireless) that is connected to another powerline adapter, the speed when transferring files to my NAS tops at about 10MBs (often slower). Where could I be going wrong? I would've expected much faster speed and the reason for a wired setup.

It was still quite relatively slow when transferring from my PC to the NAS; but if I recall correctly it was relatively quicker.

Thanks for your help.

Router --- Powerline --- Switch ---( -- PC and -- Nas); -- powerline - laptop

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
My router is connected to a powerline adapter
lol this is your problem. Expect zero performance out of powerline or wifi. Anything other than a ethernet cable is made for ease of use and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.