Network interface not detected - ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRelevance

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I've been reading through alot of the forum before i made this post. It seems i've been having the same issues as alot of other people have with the Network card not detected. Question being all the other posts i've read about this issues haven't been with what i believe is an inbuilt Intel NIC. Which is what mine comes with.

The motherboard that i am using is the Z971I- Plus; as linked
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97IPLUS/

I'm not sure on where to go from here. If anybody could lend a hand would be greatly appreciated.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yep. You know all those very inconvenient posts where we talk about not buying desktop hardware? Well, you bought desktop hardware. And it just so happens to have one of the crappiest of the low-end Intel chips on it. The driver is supposed to be in 9.3 (see bug 5105).

So you either have to buy yet another Intel NIC to use until 9.3 comes out, or just wait for 9.3 to be released. No ETA at present so don't ask.

You might want to take this opportunity to read our stickies.. they aren't joking when they say "don't buy desktop hardware"..... which you bought anyway.

Good luck! I can already make some bets on what your next few threads will be. :)

NoRelevance

Cadet
Appreciate the response. It was a last minute thing. Was mean to be used as a gaming pc but ending up getting something better free. Will probably buy an NIC since no Eta.

Status
Not open for further replies.