Need help with NTP Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
zoN7ds.png

FreeNAS seems to now be connecting to the NTP servers, just created a new file on the server and has the correct time.

Thanks for the help guys.

If I were to go about connecting to the server from home, would a vpn be the best solution? How would you guys go about that?
VPN is the right answer.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Please don't take offense, but if troubleshooting name resolution, DNS settings and pings are this challenging, setting up a VPN might not be a great idea. My worry is that you configure something unsecurely, and that while it might work for you, your machine or network could be completely exposed. I'd look into something like the owncloud plugin.

What exactly it is you'd like to do from outside your house?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Please don't take offense, but if troubleshooting name resolution, DNS settings and pings are this challenging, setting up a VPN might not be a great idea. My worry is that you configure something unsecurely, and that while it might work for you, your machine or network could be completely exposed. I'd look into something like the owncloud plugin.

What exactly it is you'd like to do from outside your house?
I tend to agree here. It would appear your time would be wiser spent learning the basics of networking before you make an attempt at creating a VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.