Not open for further replies.

patrick sullivan

Contributor
[QUOTE="
I also bought a small aluminium case, .[/QUOTE]

Can you PM a link?

patrick sullivan

Contributor
Last question.....Does anyone know if I could use my existing enclosure (NORCO DS-24E 24 3.5" Drive Bays One SFF-8088 "IN" connector for connection to the host, two SFF-8088 "OUT" JBOD Enclosure ) with a new header PC running FreeNAS as my backup? So, this JOBD's holds 24 drives. My original pool that I want to back up is using 10 of these drive slots. So, I could use 10 more slots of the 12 remaining for my backup NAS. I guess one downside to this is if my power supply goes out, I would loose both the original and backup pools, as the entire enclose would be down. This enclosure has two SFF-8088 out connections. Not sure how I would send 10 drives to one header and 10 to another? Any clarity on if this would work or not would be appreciated.

Evertb1

Guru
Last question.....Does anyone know if I could use my existing enclosure (NORCO DS-24E 24 3.5" Drive Bays One SFF-8088 "IN" connector for connection to the host, two SFF-8088 "OUT" JBOD Enclosure ) with a new header PC running FreeNAS as my backup? So, this JOBD's holds 24 drives. My original pool that I want to back up is using 10 of these drive slots. So, I could use 10 more slots of the 12 remaining for my backup NAS. I guess one downside to this is if my power supply goes out, I would loose both the original and backup pools, as the entire enclose would be down. This enclosure has two SFF-8088 out connections. Not sure how I would send 10 drives to one header and 10 to another? Any clarity on if this would work or not would be appreciated.
I have no idea if what you want can be done technically. But never put all your eggs in one basket. Putting your Backup in the same enclosure as the backupped Freenas is not a good idea (in my opinion anyway). If you loose that one enclosure you loose everything. Some people go trough all kind of trouble to realize off-site backup. What you want to do is almost the opposite of that and does not sound very safe to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.