SOLVED MySQL Jail with Kodi

Status
Not open for further replies.

neatfreak

Dabbler
Hello

i been configuring freenas the past 3 days now, and im having problems setting up mysql with kodi. i followed the post from kodi how to set it up, it worked perfectly, however i have a few things that i dont understand.
i created the advancedsettings.xml and kodi boots with the database, it shows the movies, but the series dont want to be scaned by tvdb, it created the submenu tv shows but there is nothing there.
here is my setup
freenas 9.3.1 stable
MySql jail
kodi 12.2 on my windows machine but it should work with my openelec system and my boxee box running kodi.
i set the folder movies and series with NFS share i can access it and watch the series, but it just doesnt want to scan it.
i previously had mysql setup on my synology and everything worked fine but that box died so i thought ill build myself a freenas server.

another thing is, usually when you view recently added it should show a thumbnail of the movies, but it doesnt show anything.

Code:
     CREATE USER 'kodi' IDENTIFIED BY 'kodi';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi';
    quit; 

thanks in advanced

neatfreak

Dabbler
okay, im not quite sure what helped with this problem but i got it working.
i went into my kodi systems and set the database folder to database.bak or something so kodi wont recoginze the old database plus i set the jail to the same group as the shared movie folder is. im not sure if that last part had anything to do with the database working again.

anyway incasee anybody encounters this problem just go into the userdata dir and change the database folder to something else, or if you feel confident just delete it, but i do not recommend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.