My jails drive is filling up... how come and how to find the culprit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungarianhc

Patron
So... my drive is filling up. I have a dedicated drive for jails. As I'm typing this, I think I know the problem... I have a plex server on there, but I have all the metadata on my ZRAID pool, not on this drive, BUT it occurs to me that my Ubiquiti controller is on there, and it logs a lot of data, and it uses MongoDB, which is a disk hog... Okay so I THINK that's the issue, now that i'm typing this out. Is there a way to see all the jail data on the volume, which jail is taking up the most space, etc. ?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
So... my drive is filling up. I have a dedicated drive for jails. As I'm typing this, I think I know the problem... I have a plex server on there, but I have all the metadata on my ZRAID pool, not on this drive, BUT it occurs to me that my Ubiquiti controller is on there, and it logs a lot of data, and it uses MongoDB, which is a disk hog... Okay so I THINK that's the issue, now that i'm typing this out. Is there a way to see all the jail data on the volume, which jail is taking up the most space, etc. ?
Almost certainly it is the Ubiquiti stuff---massive data hog.

The GUI->Storage screen tells you straight which datasets are using what. Expand the drive, and you should see it right away.

Another possible culprit is snapshots.

hungarianhc

Patron
Woah... wtf... It's syncthing. I only have a 32GB SSD for Jails, and Syncthing is taking up 12.7GB. I'm not sure what it could be. It syncs just a few folders that are NOT on the SSD... so... hmmm... I really don't know. Time to dig in, I guess.

hungarianhc

Patron
Real-time update. I use the syncthing plugin. I upgraded it to .14 from .13. Apparently it keeps the .13 DB file. I deleted it. It was 6GB. It turns out that the .14 DB file is also 6GBish... Hmmm I went from having a red light to a yellow light. That's progress, I suppose. I'll probably just upgrade the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.