my freenas machine shows 2 ip addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

luis ceron

Cadet
hello. after upgrading from version 9.1 to 9.2 i noticed this issue where the freenas machine shows 2 ip addresses. i do not know how this happened. i've dmesg and a couple of png files to help more on the issue. can someone please point me in the direction to fix it? i can ssh to it with no issues.
Capture.PNG
freenas.PNG

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 257
D

dlavigne

Post the output of ifconfig as an attachment or within code tags.

D

dlavigne

That's what I thought. Sometimes this happens when a DHCP server issues a new IP before the old lease expires. You can do this from the web shell to fix:

Code:
ifconfig re0 192.168.1.244 delete
ifconfig re0 192.168.1.130
killall dhclient
dhclient re0

After running those, ifconfig should show one IP address.

luis ceron

Cadet
i tried all of the commands and rebooted the system. it still shows up with 2 addresses. the 192.168.1.130 address belongs to my plex media server jail. can that be causing an issue somewhere? i was thinking of doing a clean reinstall. will i lose any data that is already on the drives?

ps can the router be causing this issue?

D

dlavigne

Interesting.... A fresh install will not affect the data on the drives. Let us know if that fixes it.

luis ceron

Cadet
i'm stumped! i've done a clean install and the same issue with the 2 addresses. any suggestions? one thing i did notice was that the second address didn't show up until the jails were installed.

luis ceron

Cadet
so this issue keeps getting weirder. i enabled both my plexmedia server and transmission plugin and now the freenas shows 3 addresses. i can access the freenas gui from all 3 addresses. address 1 freenas machine, address 2 plexmedia server, and address 3 transmission. so annoying... help me someone.

D

dlavigne

Well, each jail has its own IP address, so that part makes sense. It is weird that the jail IP addresses aren't showing on the epair device though.

luis ceron

Cadet
so i decided to reinstall with the latest 9.2.1.2 release and the issue has gone away. i do not know what the bleep happened here but it is fixed now. from now on i will have to freshly reinstall instead of upgrading since i think that might be the issue. how to i mark this as solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.