Multiple legacy samba4 datasets detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tofagerl

Contributor
I thought there'd be a thread on this by now, but since none has appeared, I made it. I get a yellow flashing light in the freenas GUI, and this error when I press it:
WARNING: Multiple legacy samba4 datasets detected. Auto-migration to /mnt/raid/.system/samba4 cannot be done. Please perform this step manually and then delete the now-obsolete samba4 datasets and /var/db/samba4/.alert_cant_migrate

That SOUNDS helpful, but WHAT STEP? And which samba4 datasets are now-obsolete?

Yatti420

Wizard
Are you on FreeNAS 9.2.1.2? Did you GUI upgrade? It looks like migration to the new datasets failed.. Do you still see .samba foders? What about .system? See system>advanced on the bottom..

tofagerl

Contributor
Bumping this. Not that it's in any way urgent, cause everything works fine.

Yatti420

Wizard
I'm just not sure if anything special is required since I guess you would still have to migrate the directories? I'm not sure if you can just get rid of those datasets yet..

I'm assuming since you have the new datasets you have specified a pool for the new dataset under system>advanced?

reacocard

Cadet
I'm having the same issue - I can see .samba4 directories on both of my zpools and a new .system/samba4 as well on one of them, but I have no idea what I'm actually supposed to do to resolve the error message.

D

dlavigne

I asked a dev who said:

Delete the .samba4 datasets. If any one of them contain data that they don't want destroyed, copy it over to the .system/samba4 dataset first.

Yatti420

Wizard
I asked a dev who said:

Delete the .samba4 datasets. If any one of them contain data that they don't want destroyed, copy it over to the .system/samba4 dataset first.

Thanks wasn't sure about this..

Status
Not open for further replies.