Multipath disks in Scale RC.2?

kuruption

Dabbler
I just migrated my pools over to Scale RC.2 on a new box, and noticed none of my disks are being seen as multipath (they were under latest CORE; have been configured that way about 2 years).

Is there a plan to add disk multipathing to SCALE? Am I missing something? Typical Linux commands to identify multipath disks are not available, and I see nothing in dmesg or /dev/disk that indicates there are multiple paths available for the disks in my enclosure.

Thanks.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
TrueNAS SCALE doesn't have multipath enabled.
If that feature is needed, keep using TrueNAS 12.0 and 13.0 which are more storage-only oriented.

kuruption

Dabbler
Well, I can probably live without multipathing... but kind of concerned there are other missing features not documented. Is there a better comparison between Core and Scale than what's available on the website? Because it doesn't even mention multipathing... and I'm concerned I'm going to run into a feature I absolutely need, but don't have.

This is the comparison I am referring to...

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
We are building that document based on the SCALE 22.02 RELEASE version.. should be available in March. In the meantime, these forums are the best source of info,