Moving & Restoring the Plugin Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbddpp

Explorer
I want to replace the main drive in my JBOD system where my plugin jail (and along with it all their settings) and XBMC MySQL DB are housed, basically other than the USB key the entire brains and brawn of my FreeNAS setup. I'm wondering how difficult/scary something like that is to do. Everything is running pretty much the way I want it now, as far as Sickbeard, SAB, Firefly, MySQL, etc, and I hate to lose it because it wasn't a cake walk for me to set it all up.

Since I'm running those awesome SABNZBD and SickBeard plugins, I realize this may also be a great time to upgrade those as well (I think I am using 1.0), by installing new versions, and then just restoring stuff like their config, my MySQL DB, etc, though I'm not sure how difficult all that is and I'm a bit afraid to lose stuff.

Is there a tutorial anywhere on the steps to take to do this?

bbddpp

Explorer
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think that is an option for me as I just realized I was a little unclear in my post. I have each volume formatted separately, no zpool -- And I'm not actually looking to replace this disk, rather, just reformat the existing drive as ZFS (it's not ZFS format currently, old mistake from when I first built the box a few months ago).

So what I need to do is somehow temporarily move the jail and config to another drive in the system, turn off the plugin jail, format that volume completely, re-install the plugin jail on that newly formatted volume (same physical drive as before) and return all my plugins and configs into the jail.

ProtoSD

MVP
I'd rsync the all the data to a folder on one of the other disks, destroy the disk you want to recreate, recreate it, and rsync everything back and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.