Moving from nightlies to stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernsky

Explorer
Hello - I have been having some issues with nightlies hosing me so bad that I have to revert back to an old boot environment and I was wondering how I could just move to the stable only release? Is this possible while i am on the nightly train? I searched for my answer but found nothing relevant to freenas 11.

Edit: Well I went back to an old environment and tried to update to the most recent nightly and now my boot is hosed, so no I will have to reinstall and at that point I will just choose to be on the stable train. I just hope my drives get picked up so I do not lose everything.

Edit 2: Let me just say Freenas blows my mind. I made a ISO to reinstall freenas but when i booted my system the nightly got over whatever error with my boot device it was having and now I am back online. Now this circles me back to my above question. How do I get onto the stable train?

thanks,

Scott

Last edited:

Srikanth K Kota

Dabbler
Disclaimer: I am no expert in FreeNAS. These are my views only.

I did reinstall FreeNAS few times while learning it. It told that moving from stable to nightlies is a one-way train. So I don't think it would be possible to run to stable from nightly.

As per my understanding, after reinstall also your system got onto the nightly train. Is that correct? When you reinstall, have you done a clean install after formatting the disc? When I reinstalled, I got the stable train again.

tvsjr

Guru
Go to Google. Type "freenas nightlies to stable".
Select the very first link.
Read the thread... you'll find a link to another thread to force it via CLI.
Click that link.
Read just a bit till you find the post from Kris Moore, telling you how to do this from the CLI.

northernsky

Explorer
Is this the latest stable: FreeNAS-11.1-U1 ? I used the drop down in the gui to move to the stable train and I had thought it did an update and rebooted but I am not sure what version I was at before I hit the Update and reboot button. I also tried to run this freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11-STABLE update in the CLI but I get a bunch of 404 not found errors.

Redcoat

MVP
Status
Not open for further replies.