Moving from N54L to ThinkServer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGShepherd

Cadet
Hello!

Apologies if this is something that's been answered previously, but I couldn't find anything that answered my question.

I currently have a HP N54L running FreeNAS with 4x2TB drives (1 standalone and 3 using RAID-Z). I have just bought a ThinkServer TS140 and want to move my drives from the N54L to the TS140.

The question that I have is it as simple as moving my drives and USB stick (FreeNAS runs from this) to the TS140, boot it up and it will be as it was in the N54L?

Thanks
Liam

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hello!

Apologies if this is something that's been answered previously, but I couldn't find anything that answered my question.

I currently have a HP N54L running FreeNAS with 4x2TB drives (1 standalone and 3 using RAID-Z). I have just bought a ThinkServer TS140 and want to move my drives from the N54L to the TS140.

The question that I have is it as simple as moving my drives and USB stick (FreeNAS runs from this) to the TS140, boot it up and it will be as it was in the N54L?

Thanks
Liam

It is as simple as that.

gpsguy

Note: you may need to reconfigure your NIC if for example you went from a Broadcom to an Intel.

Sent from my phone

LGShepherd

Cadet
Note: you may need to reconfigure your NIC if for example you went from a Broadcom to an Intel.

Thanks! I'm not too sure about that one at the moment, but I will definitely look into it.

I'm assuming all of the information will be easily found on these forums?

Thanks again

gpsguy

Yes.

If you need to reconfigure your NIC, you can do it from the Console Setup Menu. It's item #1.

Sent from my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.