Moving files under Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobango

Dabbler
I finally managed to get miniDLNA setup. I created a dataset called Media and this is where I want to have my media files.

/mnt/HOMENAS/Media

I have a mount point between that Media folder and the one under the jail: /mnt/HOMENAS/PluginsJail/myjail/media

I had already created some folders in Vista through the mapped drive which is the Hard drive on my FreeNAS. Just Photos & Movies folders. The movies folder has 3 or 4 movies in it. So from my windows PC - on the mapped drive (NAS) - I dragged the Movies folder and dropped it into the Media folder so that it would appear in MiniDLNA. The movies folder is like 6GB so it wouldn't take that long but its been trying to move for over half an hour and the speed is showing as 0 kb/s.

I thought because I was moving a folder into another folder on the same HDD on the NAS that it would be quick. Any ideas why this is slow? Is there a better way to do this?

So just to be clear - I basically have 1 HDD on my NAS - I was dragging a folder into another folder, but doing it from a windows pc.

I just tried deleting 2 of the movies and it is also very slow. Again I am doing this through windows vista mapped drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.