miniDLNA Deleted Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny81

Contributor
miniDLNA stopped working a couple days ago (something about a bad gateway).

I uninstalled miniDLNA 1.0.22 & reinstalled it.

Remade my mount point and finished configurations.

All my hosts couldn't get the DLNA to display the video files so I did a quick search and found miniDLNA 1.0.24.

I repeated the steps above, same issue.

I had a similar issue before and the advice that worked last time was setting the dlna user as the owner: chown -R 40001 /mnt/dlna/media

Didn't get a response back from the shell and now the Media folder is completely empty (about 80 movies gone).

I transferred a movie into that folder via ftp but when I accessed the media folder there was still nothing there. Our of suspicion I tried to create a new folder within the Media folder and a message came up "You need permission..."

Thank you so much for your help!!

ADDITIONAL INFO:
"DLNA" is a CIFS share with Guest access allowed, full read and write permissions to all
DLNA volume owner is root, wheel is the group, full read and write permissions to all

paleoN

Wizard
Didn't get a response back from the shell and now the Media folder is completely empty (about 80 movies gone).
I've un/reinstalled minidlna a number of times and un/reinstalled the jail a number of times. I have never lost anything.

Do you still see your files from outside the jail?

Remade my mount point and finished configurations.
What was remade and how did you mount it?

sonny81

Contributor
Hey paleoN!! I was hoping I'd hear from you on here :) I appreciate you trying to help me again!!

I did not see my movies from its source folder (same share, different folder). Windows also kept telling me I could not access it so I gave up and tried starting from scratch with that volume.

What I've done in the mean time:
1. Destroyed the volume entirely
2. Created a new volume with open permissions
3. Created a new CIFS share with guest access and root & wheel ownership
4. Created datasets for jail and software
5. Installed pbi jail (and set ip address)
6. In Plugins config I mapped my settings to the datasets
7. Installed "minidlna-1.0.24_1-amd64.pbi"
8. Created a mount point of: a. SOURCE = /mnt/DLNA/MEDIA and b. DESTINATION = /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/mnt
9. Tried to turn on miniDLNA and it doesn't work

Here are the error messages (I removed my LAN ip after pasting these):
Sep 5 21:14:38 NAS_SERVER manage.py: [services.views:83] Couldn't retrieve {my ip address to nas}/plugins/minidlna/_s/status: <urlopen error timed out>

Sep 5 21:27:32 NAS_SERVER manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:413] Couldn't retrieve {my ip address to nas}/plugins/minidlna/_s/treemenu: <urlopen error timed out>

What confuses me about this is that the ip address listed is the ip address to the NAS, not the plugins jail.

Also, earlier I have been getting this message as well:
Sep 5 19:40:24 NAS_SERVER root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed precmd routine for vmware_guestd

sonny81

Contributor
I'm so confused :confused:

After destroying my raid 1 volume and recreating it in Freenas, I transfer the same "Media" folder containing all of my material and its like Freenas "remembers" the folder.

I say this because just like before I destroyed the volume, I can access the Media folder but none of the subfolders (same "access denied" or "contact network admin"). I got a bunch of failed transfers with the Media folder via FTP, but now I can't even delete the folders to try again through the ftp or Windows Explorer.

sonny81

Contributor
I'm so sorry for all the posts.

In Filezilla I right clicked on the folder and selected "File Permissions". In here, I selected all read write and execute permissions. Somehow this folder only had restricted access. I was able to delete the folder and now I'm re-uploading the Media folder.

I keep getting a message from Filezilla saying the file already exists. The file is not located on that share but is backed on on another share on my NAS and local machine.

paleoN

Wizard
Hey paleoN!! I was hoping I'd hear from you on here :) I appreciate you trying to help me again!!
Sure, just don't rely on it. ;)

Windows also kept telling me I could not access it so I gave up and tried starting from scratch with that volume.
Well, that's one way to do it.

Sep 5 19:40:24 NAS_SERVER root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed precmd routine for vmware_guestd
That's just noise assuming you are not running in a VM.

After destroying my raid 1 volume and recreating it in Freenas, I transfer the same "Media" folder containing all of my material and its like Freenas "remembers" the folder.
Are you sure you destroyed it or was it exported?

I keep getting a message from Filezilla saying the file already exists. The file is not located on that share but is backed on on another share on my NAS and local machine.
Make sure you are saving to the FN8 box and not elsewhere.

sonny81

Contributor
Sure, just don't rely on it. ;)

Are you sure you destroyed it or was it exported?

Make sure you are saving to the FN8 box and not elsewhere.

Yes I definitely destroyed it and recreated it, etc.

The files are being saved to the actual FN8 box. I'm wondering though, as there's been a lot of transferring back and forth if share permissions have been copied from the share the files were transferred from.

Do I have to "Move" as file as opposed to "Copy" in order to make sure folder permissions are left on from the previous share? Hopefully I worded that ok.

I know that right now it doesn't appear that minidlna is seeing my source files and I cannot turn the minidlna on.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.