Files showing in the wrong place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitedheadroom

Dabbler
I have an enfuriatung problem. I have copied all my media on to my NAS, Music , TV, and Movies folders. I keep getting random files from the wrong folder showing up. For example. I have a bunch of movies showing up in sub folders within the music directories, and vice-versa. Also with series and

This issue appears on either of the two computers I have connected to the NAS, but different files and folders appear shifted. The REAL files are also showing up in their correct location. If I use Cyberduck to SSH into the NAS, all files and folders appear where they should and nothing appears where it shouldn't. Files can't be read from the wrong location, they just show up error messages.

On one computer, the folder called itunes, which holds my itunes library and music media, keeps showing up as if it were an audio file rather than a folder, then if I click on it, it vanishes completely, or sometimes instantly changes into a folder from my movies. Wither way I can't access it on that computer because it dissappears. However, the size of the folder that contains it still shows up as around 25GB.

This problem seems to persist after reboots of all machines, and is slightly different as to which files and folders appear in the wrong place across each machines and each times they connect to the NAS.

Anyone seen anything like this before. or know what could be causing it?

Thanks

fracai

Guru
I've seen this, though not to the extent you seem to be. I don't think it's a FreeNAS bug as I'm pretty sure I've seen it before when connecting to shares from other Macs.

It seems to clear up if I navigate to enough other paths to clear the local cache of the problem directories and then navigate back.

Nick2253

Wizard
Are you connecting via NFS, SMB, or AFP?

Limitedheadroom

Dabbler
So is it a specific AFP share thing?

It's really irritating and it wasn't happening before when I was just using the NAS for backups and some data storage

Limitedheadroom

Dabbler
Sorry, should have said in my first post. AFP and all my computers that connect are mac

Status
Not open for further replies.