Move System Logs on Corbia off of Boot

Fleshmauler

Explorer
This also removes the ability to have your logs (which can contain sensitive information) to be stored on an encrypted dataset. :frown:

At least this "fix" hasn't been implemented for Core. (Yet?)

Last edited:

sybreeder

Explorer
Use of system pool for logs of own choosing would be definately a better option.
Or same as with apps it can be chosen in gui

nickspacemonkey

Dabbler
I'm all for more user options, so I do hope this suggestion gets implemented.

That being said, I don't think this is anything worth worrying about. Lets be super generous and say ~10MB of log files are written a day, that's 3.65GB a year, 365GB over ten. That's maybe ~1% of a good SSD's endurance over the ten years. And when the real world figure is far lower than that, it's not even worth thinking about it in my opinion.

Fleshmauler

Explorer
I'm all for more user options, so I do hope this suggestion gets implemented.

That being said, I don't think this is anything worth worrying about. Lets be super generous and say ~10MB of log files are written a day, that's 3.65GB a year, 365GB over ten. That's maybe ~1% of a good SSD's endurance over the ten years. And when the real world figure is far lower than that, it's not even worth thinking about it in my opinion.
Man, I don't know - everything always craps out faster than you'd ever want. But you do make a good point.