SOLVED Mounting iocage dataset to iohyve VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianwi

Guru
Since upgrading to 11.1-U4 I've managed to get almost all of my jails moved to iocage and have a iohyve Ubuntu VM running crashplan to back my key data up offsite. All is good in my FreeNAS world, with one exception - I can't seem to mount the iocage dataset so I can backup the jails.

I've created a NFS share at /mnt/tank/iocage/jails and it's configured in the same way as all the other NFS shares I can see and backup in the Ubuntu VM

I'm mounting it in Ubuntu with the following fstab entry:

Code:
FREENAS_IP:/mnt/tank/iocage/jails /mnt/iocage/jails nfs nfsvers=3

When I open /mnt/iocage/jails in the VM I can see folders with the names of the iocage jails, but when I view anything below that just get an empty folder.

I'm guessing I have some permissions issues, but I'm at a loss as what I need to change and don't really want to be changing the permissions in the iocage jails.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
I managed to get to the bottom of this, or at least found a solution that worked for me.

I added each of the /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/JAIL_NAME/root paths into the fstab entry, like this example:

Code:
FREENAS_IP:/mnt/tank/iocage/jails/embyms/root /mnt/iocage/jails/embyms nfs nfsvers=3

This worked fine so I added all the others in the same way, adding one by edited the /mnt/tank/iocage/jails entry. It didn't like this, so I added that back and voila, it's working as I wanted.

A few more entries than I think is actually required, but at least it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.