iocage /mnt/iocage not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary_1

Explorer
I recently made an iocage jail which was working fine until I rebooted freenas and now I'm running into an issue where the jail will not start.

Before the reboot I had a dataset /mnt/tank/iocage/ as well as a /mnt/iocage that appeared to contain the same data (sym linked?). Post reboot, I still have /mnt/tank/iocage but the /mnt/iocage dir is empty

Code:
[root@domain /mnt]# iocage list
+-----+------------+-------+--------------+---------------+
| JID |	NAME	| STATE |   RELEASE	|	  IP4	  |
+=====+============+=======+==============+===============+
| -   | borgbackup | down  | 11.1-RELEASE | ....ip.... |
+-----+------------+-------+--------------+---------------+

[root@domain /mnt]# iocage start borgbackup
* Starting borgbackup
  + Start FAILED
mount: /mnt/iocage/jails: No such file or directory
jail: /sbin/mount -t nullfs -o rw /mnt/tank/backups/borgbackup /mnt/iocage/jails/borgbackup/root/srv/repos: failed

"zfs list | grep iocage" only shows tank/iocage entries mounted to /mnt/tank/iocage there is no entry for /mnt/iocage

Should iocage be showing up in both places? Either it's not mounting in /mnt/iocage and should be, or it should be looking in /mnt/tank/iocage? Any idea which and how I can resolve this?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Should iocage be showing up in both places?
Not in zfs list. It's just trickery for iocage, whose reason I'm not aware of. Please file a bug report and post the issue number here.

gary_1

Explorer
I'll sort out a bug report in the morning, just about to head off.

In the mean time if anyone knows how I can solve the issue and get the jail working again, would appreciate it, it's my backup jail so my PCs are unable to backup atm :)

Edit: Bug reported https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/44086

Last edited:

gary_1

Explorer
I expect something is not right, but for now I've edited the fstab for iocage

Code:
mnt/tank/backups/borgbackup	 /mnt/iocage/jails/borgbackup
/root/srv/repos nullfs  rw	  0	   0 # Added by iocage on 2018-08-12 20:02:
~	

changed to
Code:
mnt/tank/backups/borgbackup	 /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/borgbackup
/root/srv/repos nullfs  rw	  0	   0 # Added by iocage on 2018-08-12 20:02:
~	

I still have no /mnt/iocage that existed the first time I used iocage and made a jail, but the jail does not boot and mount the storage and my PCs are able to backup again.

My concern is that this change was even needed. Something clearly went wrong and whilst it _appears_ to be working now, could this cause an issue in the future due to some expectation of /mnt/iocage?

Edit: If anyone else runs into this I used "iocage fstab -e <jailname>". No idea if this is a suitable fix or likely to cause more/worse issues in the future so repeat at your own risk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.