Mounting an ISO across a Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Stromsoe

Dabbler
I don't disagree with you there, but... its working just fine. The server has been running now for a month straight, no reboots. FTP, SSH, CIFS all working flawlessly. Just watched a DVD (by mounting the .iso) on it locally last night, no issues.

I think the minimum requirements written for FN a little steep, especially if using UFS file system.

But the good news is that a computer that got kicked to the corner now has a job :).

For those using Plex, how exactly are you able to access files remotely (i.e. not on your home network)? Is this done via some sort of Plex "client" installed on whatever machine you want to connect to the FN box which subsequently uses your dynamic DNS?

Thanks for the all the help, saving me lots of endless rabbit hole projects I'm sure.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I don't disagree with you there, but... its working just fine. The server has been running now for a month straight, no reboots. FTP, SSH, CIFS all working flawlessly. Just watched a DVD (by mounting the .iso) on it locally last night, no issues.

I think the minimum requirements written for FN a little steep, especially if using UFS file system.

But the good news is that a computer that got kicked to the corner now has a job :).

For those using Plex, how exactly are you able to access files remotely (i.e. not on your home network)? Is this done via some sort of Plex "client" installed on whatever machine you want to connect to the FN box which subsequently uses your dynamic DNS?

Thanks for the all the help, saving me lots of endless rabbit hole projects I'm sure.

UFS is dead. 9.3 no longer has UFS as an option so you will never be able to update your OS.

Using Plex remotely is as simple as forwarding one port to your Plex server, and logging into a Plex app on a mobile device, or through a chrome extension/app or using the client on a laptop. There are also ways of logging into your Plex account from smart TVs, game consoles, etc. You don't need to know your IP at all. It keeps track of your watched/unwatched content, manages the artwork, etc. I was full on xbmc until I discovered all the things Plex could do for me...I'm a convert for over a year now. I couldn't live without it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Of course, 2GB of RAM are pretty much guaranteed not to work with Plex.

Jeremy Stromsoe

Dabbler
Well I'll let you know if it does/doesn't :).

Status
Not open for further replies.