Mounting a share with SSHFS inside a jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbob1016

Explorer
Not sure if this is the right place, but as it's kind of a storage issue, figured I'd ask. I want to setup a jail to rsync from a remote server to a local drive. I was trying to setup a PC to do this, but realized I could likely do it in a jail. I made a jail, vanilla, and I installed rsync and sshfs.

I've setup passwordless ssh between the machine with the drive, and I can ssh from the jail to the machine without a password. Whenever I try sshfs bobbob1016@IP:/path/to/drive /media/drive/ I get:
fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory

Can anyone help with something I'd need to install or setup? I've tried adding fusefs_enable="YES" to my rc.conf as well, but no go.

D

dlavigne

Does running kldstat within the jail show that fuse is loaded? If not, run kldload fuse to load it and add fusefs_enable="YES" to the jail's /etc/rc.conf.

bobbob1016

Explorer
Does running kldstat within the jail show that fuse is loaded? If not, run kldload fuse to load it and add fusefs_enable="YES" to the jail's /etc/rc.conf.
I tried that, and it says "kldload: can't load fuse: Operation not permitted" so, permissions?

bobbob1016

Explorer
So looks like I'll be trying to load it another way then. Now that I think about it, can't rsync sync to an external device over SSH? I'm rsyncing from a remote server, to the drive now on the machine with the share. But for various reasons, I want my jail to do it. Basically something like "rsync (options) bobbob1016@Really-Remote-Server-IP:/path bobbob1016@localIP:/path"?

Edit: Looks like not really. I have another machine I can do this with, looks like I'll do that. I can't really do it with my FreeNAS as I don't have much room left, and my main machine can't. I've seen some ways to do it with rsync to both remote, but I don't really want to play with it much. Thanks for the help and quick reply though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.