Mount SFTP Folder in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobTheRed

Dabbler
I have a seed box at Feral Hosting and I'd like to mount my downloads folder from feral hosting as a local directory in a jail so that an app like Couch Potato or Sonarr could handle renaming and moving files to my local directories. Is there an easy guide on how to do this? My Google searches have turned up next to nothing.

RobTheRed

Dabbler
I've seen it, but I don't know how to install it in FreeNAS. What's the command to do so within a jail?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Inside a jail, it's just freebsd. Any tutorial for freebsd should work

Yatti420

Wizard

RobTheRed

Dabbler
I created a jail for sshfs, installed SSHFS through using the pkg install fuse-sshfs command. I made sure pkg is upgraded and updated.

I've tried to connect using sshfs <user>@<ipAddressToServer>:/ /media/Downloads/Deluge/ (a directory I created locally) but I keep getting the error: fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory. I've even tried without the user, but it's not even prompting me for the password or username. Has anyone been able to get this to work from within a freenas jail?

RobTheRed

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply, but I'm trying to connect the jail to a remote server. Would I still need the ipaddresstojail there? I thought it was supposed to be the IP address to where I'm trying to connect to mount the remote server as a local directory within the jail. I want to make my remote FTP folder act as though it's local to the jail.

BillCardiff

Explorer
I'm following, and will test out some options over the weekend. Heres' to hoping.

Rand

Guru
Have you established that basic connectivity is working? Ping/telnet?

RobTheRed

Dabbler
kldload fuse isn't working. "kldload: Can't load fuse: Operation not permitted"

RobTheRed

Dabbler
Unfortunately that one didn't work. I added a tunable to freenas as wmn79 did in the last post, but no dice. Fuse still won't load. The rest of that post you linked seems to suggest that this isn't possible. You'd think that you'd be able to mount a remote SFTP folder, but these things don't look possible. If anyone else figures it out, please let me know.

BillCardiff

Explorer
I gave up. The average speed just wasn't what I wanted for my automation.

I have a seed box at Feral Hosting and I'd like to mount my downloads folder from feral hosting as a local directory in a jail so that an app like Couch Potato or Sonarr could handle renaming and moving files to my local directories. Is there an easy guide on how to do this? My Google searches have turned up next to nothing.

I just went through the same problem, I found that sftp, rysnc, resilio and syncthing were too slow. I ended up using LFTP with SFTP for the multiple parallel connections I wrote a script and instructions to automatically set it up in a new jail for those interested

Status
Not open for further replies.