Mount point fails to mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeShizz

Cadet
Hello all.

Lets get straight into the problem: I created a mount point in the plugins service in order to have transmission dump my downloaded files in a more accessible dataset on a ZFS volume. the Jail and plugins themselves reside on the same volume but in folders, not datasets. The mount point itself won't mount and Gives an error: manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/Surname/Download]

for example, main volume is /mnt/Surname
Download folder where I would like my downloads to appear is /mnt/Surname/Download. "Download" is a Dataset.
Plugins jail: /mnt/Surname/Jail (folder, not dataset)
Plugins themselves: /mnt/Surname/Plugins (again, folder, not dataset)

the mount point has a Destination of: /mnt/plugins/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads (where transmission DL's its stuff by default)
And a source of: /mnt/Surname/Download

This error also occurred when I had the plugins residing on a totally different volume (was an 8GB flash drive I converted to a volume just for the plugins and jail - had to remove it as computer got confused from which flash drive to boot from - my Freenas resides on a another flash drive - but thats a story for another post) - E.g /mnt/plugins

STATS:

Build: FreeNAS-8.3.0-BETA1-x64 (r12054)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
Memory 4001MB

Any help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
Try a shorter path for the destination (like /usr/media/transmission/Download).

Status
Not open for further replies.