transimission plugin strange error permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripialos

Dabbler
Greetings

I have upgraded from Freenas 8 to 9 and so far everything works good appart from transmission plugin.

I have installed plex media center and transmission plugin.

what i have done so far:

Installed plugins
add the folder "Torrents" as a storage to both plugins.
chmod 777 the "Torrents" folder
Created CIFS share of torrent folder.

Plex works without any issues. I can stream all videos located on the "Torrents" folder however transmission doesnt work. When i try to download a torrents i get the

Error: Permission denied (/mnt/wdRED/Transmission/filetodownload.pdf)

Strange thing is that when i login to the jail via the shell and i ls the "/media" folder of transmission jail i can see the contnets of the Torrents folder which means that the "link-share" of the torrents folder with the jail works.

Any ideas?

transmission plugin version is 2.77_1 despite the fact that i chosed to install 2,82 (really why it installs 2.77 version since i chosed 2.82?)

Thanks in advance

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I suggest you take the time to read the other 100 posts in the forum on this issue before you waste everyone's time.

That's my suggestion.

tripialos

Dabbler
I suggest you take the time to read the other 100 posts in the forum on this issue before you waste everyone's time.

That's my suggestion.

I suggest you to learn some manners before wasting someones nerves

That`s my suggestion

p.s also add the word "POLITE" to your vocabulary ...as far as i remeber it never hurt anyone.
p.s2 that's my suggestion

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What would have been polite is to use the search feature just like you agreed to when you signed up with this forum and accepted the rules...

If you can't be inconvenienced with the search feature you can expect to not get responses(hey.. look.. you aren't getting responses). All of the mods are volunteers and we really do have better things to do than answer the same question multiple times per day/week.

tripialos

Dabbler
What would have been polite is to use the search feature just like you agreed to when you signed up with this forum and accepted the rules...

If you can't be inconvenienced with the search feature you can expect to not get responses(hey.. look.. you aren't getting responses). All of the mods are volunteers and we really do have better things to do than answer the same question multiple times per day/week.

This is well noted and understood.

However, if the fact that mods are volunteers and have better things to do than answer the same question multiple times gives them the right/alibi to be "pugnacious" then......cheers

Just for the records, i went on the irc channel of freeNAS and ask for help and a guy verry politely told me to search the forum which has tons of answers to the relevant problem.

Nevertheless i dont want to make the specific post a social debate.

Thanks both of you for spending your valuable time. ( i mean it)

friendly

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I could have sworn I edited my post to add that none of us mods use transmission outselves, so we really can't provide much assistance anyway. Your more likely to get help from someone else that had your problem and was determined enough to find the solution.

I'm confident that If I installed transmission that I'd have it up and running within 30 mins, but that doesn't really help you unfortunately. All it does is prove that transmission can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.