Mount HFS+ drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxxer

Dabbler
So I'm trying to backup an external HFS+ drive to freenas. I created a jail installed the hfsutils pkg, but I cant seems to get my drive to mount. Any thoughts?

Code:
root@freebsd0:/ # mount -t hfs /dev/da9 /mnt/ub                                
mount: /dev/da9: Operation not permitted     

alxxer

Dabbler
Neither FreeNAS nor FreeBSD support HFS.
Even with the pkg installed? I used the same in linux

Code:
root@freebsd0:/ # pkg search hfs                                                                                                   
fusefs-sshfs-2.5               Mount remote directories over ssh                                                                   
hfsexplorer-0.23               HFSExplorer read Mac-formatted harddisks and disk images                                            
hfst-3.8.2                     A toolkit for for processing natural language morphologies                                          
hfsutils-3.2.6_3               Utilities for accessing Apple's HFS volumes                                                         
squashfs-tools-4.3             Set of tools to manipulate squashfs images                                                          
root@freebsd0:/ #             

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
D

dlavigne

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the ancient HFS, similar to HFSExplorer, though I could be wrong.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You know, for a split second, maybe 10 microseconds, I thought the OP might mean "HammerFS", and I was like, "nah---there's no recorded instance of anyone actually using that."

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
HammerFS itself or the abbreviation "HFS" in that context? :D
Pretty sure no one refers to HammerFS in any context.

Status
Not open for further replies.