Mount file system writable at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

j210868k

Cadet
I have the following problem. After system startup the root file system is read only. I installed ajaxplorer in my system and when i try to login it says me that it can't write to users directory (/usr/local/www/ajaxp/server/users) because file system is read only. So i have to login through ssh and give mount -uw / to make root filesystem writable. Is there any way after system startup to mount root file system writable automatically? I change fstab but nothing change. The root file system is read only. This is the line in my /etc/fstab file "/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a / ufs rw 1 1"
Thanks for any answers.

ProtoSD

MVP
Doing what you are asking to do is just going to lead to instability and problems with FreeNAS and early wear on your flash drive. Spend some time learning about the new plugin system (Jail) in version 8.2 and life will be a lot easier. The FreeNAS docs are a really great place to learn about them. Hint: you don't need to make a plugin, login to the jail and install like you normally would there. The docs are here:
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins_Configuration

If you dig around in that section of the docs, it also tells you how to install apps with pkg_add from the command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.