SOLVED Missing Nextcloud Truecharts

wili4m

Explorer
Hello,

just today i not see Nextcloud in Truecharts, why suddenly gone.
try search from truechats.org not found either.

i got issue with nextcloud 25.0.2_19.0.51 traefik show error when connect to nextcloud ingress, trying to reinstall new version but it gone.

any help?

1685151531185.png
1685151560159.png
1685151686633.png

accrocchio96

Dabbler
I'm on the same boat. I was playing for the first time with traefik and nextcloud but since there were some errors I tried to uninstall and reinstall it and during this process I found the same issue and found immediatly your post!

lee850220

Cadet
Same here.
I had installed both traefik and nextcloud for 3 months, it works fine until update traefik to v18.
But it did not help to fallback to v17, so I tried to re-install nextcloud, but it seems gone in Truecharts.

accrocchio96

Dabbler
I come back here to understand if the issue of nextcloud can be related to this event. @wili4m , do you have the same issue you reported firstly even with the incubator train? I do :(

r_tn

Cadet
I recently came across this. Does this mean its a waiting game for Truecharts or Nextcloud to update? Should I consider going through the hassle of installing truenas version or wait it out? Any suggestions.

LarsR

Guru
I'd suggest you wait it out. Truecharts also wants to move nextcloud to the enterprise train when the rework is done and when they do you'd have to reinstall anyway to recieve updates again.

r_tn

Cadet
I'd suggest you wait it out. Truecharts also wants to move nextcloud to the enterprise train when the rework is done and when they do you'd have to reinstall anyway to recieve updates again.
Thanks for the input. Didnt realize that Nextcloud hasnt gone through all the breaking changes like most of the the other apps have. I was under the impression that all the breaking changes are done.

wili4m

Explorer
i'm waiting new update from nextcloud hope can fix this issue.

now my nextcolud (25.0.2_19.0.51) issue with traefik (2.10.1_18.0.7) ingress.

1685336403849.png

Last edited:
Other members suggested setting up Jails to avoid TrueCharts issues.

The takeaway from this experience may be to read the most recent documentation before messing with the server, and have full backups. If you take the time and treat your server as if it is industrial hardware, following the proper procedures saves you from consumer-level situations. It's a change in mindset, however TrueNAS is Datacenter-level software best run on server-grade hardware and accompanied by a next- level mentality.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Other members suggested setting up Jails to avoid TrueCharts issues.
...except that there's no such thing as a jail on SCALE; jails are a CORE thing.

victort

Guru
I like jails. I actually wish some folks would start a Truecharts jails project, but for jails. It’s simple enough to get a jail up and running, then installing whatever software you need there. But the idea of there being “one-time-run” scripts is very intriguing.

I’ve stopped using Truecharts for now. Too many breaking changes and things going wrong with apps. Maybe in the future they will be more stable.

LarsR

Guru
There's already a Linux jail Project and Script available by a Community member here ob this forum

NugentS

MVP
...except that there's no such thing as a jail on SCALE; jails are a CORE thing.
well there is, sort of, ish, a bit, maybe. I have no idea what systemd-nspawn is - but it uses that apparently

It does work - I am using it. Looking forward to my first TN Scale upgrade to see how much of a mess it makes. I have 5-6 containers running under portainer on it without any issue (other than the many caused by me)

Warning: Highly unofficial

danb35

Hall of Famer
well there is, sort of, ish, a bit, maybe.
Implicit in my statement was "as a supported feature in SCALE." I'm aware of the "Linux jail" thing, but it is, as you say, highly unofficial.