NextCloud 15 Internal server error with no access to GUI

hatem5000

Dabbler
Hello folks,

I hava an issue with my NextCloud 15 plugin that installed on my freenas 11.2 u4 server, as suddenly i'm not able to access NextCloud gui with internal server error also can't access any data using remote clients (android app) as it shows server in Maintenance !

I checked logs and found "General error: 2006 mysql server is gone" errors .

After search web found solutions to mess around with memcache inside config.php file as i removed it completely/replaced APU with redis .. etc But all failed, also i found that clearing memcache might work but i don't know how to do it.

Here is part of log file at the first time it appeared :

{"reqId":"LrtvFPx1RURzeIFsC2Jq","level":3,"time":"2019-05-14T11:46:16+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.46.23.6","user":"Tom","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/avatar\/Tom\/336","message":"PDOStatement::execute(): MySQL server has gone away at \/usr\/local\/www\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/doctrine\/dbal\/lib\/Doctrine\/DBAL\/Driver\/PDOStatement.php#105","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android\/3.6.1","version":"15.0.5.3"}

P.s : if i deleted the config.php file completely the gui will work and new file will be created but it will ask me to start re config from beginning, so i think plugin itself is ok but the issue is some configuration in config.php.

Apollo

Wizard
I would forget about the pluggin and look as Danb35 nectloud script based install.
It has its challenges at first, but when you understand it, it makes for quick and reliable install or updates.
Just keep your credentials and passwords at hand.

hatem5000

Dabbler
I would forget about the pluggin and look as Danb35 nectloud script based install.
It has its challenges at first, but when you understand it, it makes for quick and reliable install or updates.

Do you have link for that script ?
And what are differences compared to normal plugin installation ?

Thanks ...

Apollo

Wizard

samuel-emrys

Contributor
Shameless plug for the setup guide I wrote as well. It's not automated, but it has some additional hardening configuration steps over what dan provides; it would be good if you want to know what's actually going on in the jail. See my signature for the link.

hatem5000

Dabbler
Shameless plug for the setup guide I wrote as well. It's not automated, but it has some additional hardening configuration steps over what dan provides; it would be good if you want to know what's actually going on in the jail. See my signature for the link.

I tried to know what's happening but didn't get much that's why i made the post

danb35

Hall of Famer
Should be easy to do, since they're saved in a text file outside the jail.

hatem5000

Dabbler
Should be easy to do, since they're saved in a text file outside the jail.

I checked your post regarding scripted NextCloud installation and i have some concerns regarding make port forwarding on my router so is there a way to not use the Domain Name in the installation ?!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Further discussion of my script would probably be better on that thread, but in short:
  • If you don't use SSL (set NO_CERT=1 in the config file), you don't need to use a domain--just set HOST_NAME to the IP address of your jail.
  • If you use SSL with a self-signed certificate (set SELFSIGNED_CERT=1 in the config file), you'll need to use a domain name, but it can be a local domain--something like cloud.local, mycloud.home, or nextcloud.lan (though whatever name you use should still point to the Nextcloud installation).
  • If you want a cert from Let's Encrypt, you need to use a real public domain that you own or control. If you're using the STANDALONE option, the name you set in HOST_NAME must point to your external IP address, and ports 80 and 443 must be open from the outside world to your jail. If you're using the DNS option, DNS for that domain must be provided by a DNS provider that's compatible with acme.sh.