Mirrored Volume won't load by itself, fails to import to another machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Stahl

Cadet
We have 15 freenas boxes in our company and over the weekend we had one fail. The machine that it was running on was a Dell Inspiron on version 9.2.1.8. In boot up it fails after if verifies the disks and never gets to the main menu on the box or to the point that you can logon to the webgui.

If i take the two drives and put them in as two additional drives on a working box and go through the web gui and do the auto import it recognizes the volume with the correct name but when I try to do it just errors out after a minute.

I don't care if i have to redo the machine, but is there anyway to get the data on the hard drives off so I don't lose everything?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Depends on what is wrong, what your server configuration is, etc.

Can you provide MUCH more information about what is going on. Things like your zpool config are important.

But, I won't lie. The outlook is not particularly good. Generally if an import fails it's usually a sign that the data is gone forever.

Dustin Stahl

Cadet
the zpool config is 2 1TB drives mirrored.

It is similiar to this one, just a different name.
upload_2014-11-18_15-55-31.png

Dustin Stahl

Cadet
if you need me to post a shell command response i can, i'm not the best on linux so just let me know exactly what you want to see and i will get it for you as soon as possible. Thanks for you reply already.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry for not responding sooner. Can you post the output of "zpool import" and "zpool status"?

Status
Not open for further replies.