Minimal BASH like line editing is supported.

help!

Explorer
I keep getting after a few hours or restarts, if the power gets puled like moving from one room to another and just puling the piwer will cause this, so effectivley this would be the same result in a power cut, (I thought this ran in a ram disk so how is pulling the piwer corrupting the drives)

when this happens it wipes both boot pools out and i have to reinstall,

Im currently trying to get Wire guard working, and it IS working on my router and phone, (phone to have a personal hotspot so im out of the netowrk)

so I konw my port forwarding for the router to my phone and back is fine so its not a port forwarding thing.

but this has happend about 5 times in the past two days, and im wondering if its got something to do with

zpool upgrade -a

as everytime i reinstal a few hours later the system bangs on about pools this and that so ill run zpool upgrade -a

and it seems correlated.

doe puling hte power cause corruption, because thats not viable for me, ive forever pulled the power when ive needed to I know its bad practive but its not the point,

also I cant get wireguard or tailsacale to punch out in sn envoroment that supports this config

Thank you very much for nyne who replies, im ready to deploy but I cant get vpn up for site to site and im also worried about power loss with the family life at the other adress there are bound to be power outtages at points for certain

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 68

danb35

Hall of Famer
I thought this ran in a ram disk
That hasn't been the case for almost ten years.
there are bound to be power outtages
That's what a UPS is for. If being able to safely tolerate pulling the plug is on your "must-have" list for a NAS OS, suggest you look elsewhere.
zpool upgrade -a
Why on earth are you running this?

And what on earth does the thread title have to do with anything?

help!

Explorer
the photo, I'm not sure if you are on mobile and cant see it, but the boot pool keeps corrupting, thats the primary theme,

and the zpool upgrade, it was to stop naggs for zfs upgrades, this may be me causing the corruption but every time it corruptw and i have ti reinstal it needs the zfs upgrading again and the cycle of things that lead up to corruption continues

thank you for replying

help!

Explorer
im also locked into a higher zpool version, so i cant downgrade to stable as im on cobia,

danb35

Hall of Famer
the boot pool keeps corrupting, thats the primary theme,
Random power outages would seem like a reasonable explanation for this. A UPS is recommended for pretty much any system, and doubly so if power is known to be unstable.

I hadn't seen the photo, and don't think I'd have been inclined to pay much attention to a picture of a monitor at a 45° angle when there's no indication in the body of the post of why that picture is there.
i cant downgrade to stable as im on cobia,
...which means you're using (at best) beta software.

help!

Explorer
Random power outages would seem like a reasonable explanation for this. A UPS is recommended for pretty much any system, and doubly so if power is known to be unstable.

I hadn't seen the photo, and don't think I'd have been inclined to pay much attention to a picture of a monitor at a 45° angle when there's no indication in the body of the post of why that picture is there.

...which means you're using (at best) beta software.
sure thing, i stated boot pool corruption, and I don't know what that post/boot screen is, but it look like I cant boot/getpast itwith my current information pertaining to the matter

also I don't yeh have enough of an understanding of Truenas yet clearly.

sretalla