minidlna issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacchand

Dabbler
So I finally got the plugin to turn on after many reboots. I also have the mount points figured out and they work fine thru a windows machine or mac. I can add files to say my tvshows folder and automatically they show up in the jail folder. So that part is working

What is not working that none of my devices find the content. They find the "mymedia" folder but when i click on it the only thing that shows up is upper or folders. When clicking on any of those nothing comes up. Same with photos, music the folders come up but no content.

I am obviously doing something wrong......

but why is it working when i run test folders in the computers?? Could it be a permissions issue???

Thank you all for you input

Joe

interpeix

Contributor
Do you check "Scant at startup" on minidlna configuration plugin?
If yes, restart the plugin to do the scan of your media folder. There is a little bug in the plugin that don't rescan files automatically, so you need to restart de plugin every time you add new content. There is a post in this forum with a patch made from a user, but i don't have enough time to work on it.

You can always check if your minidlna find some content by opening a web browser and navigate to http://ip_of_your_jail:8200, you need to see something like this minidlna.png

I have the same issue. When I got to ip_of_my_jail:8200, my counts are all 0.
I have made copies of an mp3/WAV/jpg/DNG in basically every folder that could possibly have the files in it to be recognized by miniDLNA (the source, the destination, the jail, etc) and I still get nothing.
What am I doing wrong here?

Source:/mnt/MAIN/Media
Destination:/mnt/MAIN/PluginsJail/Plugins/media
Plugins Jail Path: /mnt/MAIN/PluginsJail
Plugins Archive Path: /mnt/MAIN/Media
Media Directory: /mnt/MAIN/PluginsJail/Plugins

I've tried so many iterations of those paths that I'm just hoping I have something crossed up and that's all...

avpullano

Dabbler
I have the same issue. When I got to ip_of_my_jail:8200, my counts are all 0.

Is that folder named "Media" in the source by any chance a dataset created via ZFS? I'm having a similar issue where I have multiple folders in my source, some are datasets made via ZFS and some are plain old directories made by creating a new folder via Windows explorer. For me, the datasets all contain zero files when accessed through the mount point while the directories work normally. I think some permission issues with the mount points may be at the heart of our problems.

Got everything working. A FuckTON of trial and error and reading various posts here.
There are a few things I did.
1: Delete jail/Plugins/mountpoints and start clean.

2: Create via the GUI 3 ZFS Datasets (Storage) and on the MAIN Volume click "Create ZFS Dataset"
I created /mnt/MAIN/jail and /mnt/MAIN/software (these two are to be used by the Jail and miniDLNA plugin). The 3rd is where I am going to store all my media (pics/video/music) /mnt/MAIN/DLNAMedia. I *THINK* this may be part of the "permissions" issue that people mention repeatedly. I think one or all of these must be ZFS datasets to be able to stream via miniDLNA.

3:Setup the Jail and Plugin as usual (being sure to use/refer to the created ZFS datasets)
Plugins jail path: /mnt/MAIN/jail
Plugins archive path: /mnt/MAIN/software
Mount Point Source:/mnt/MAIN/DLNAMedia
Mount Point Destination:/mnt/MAIN/jail/software/media (or in the actual setup as /media)
Media Directory: /media

hit the jail_ip:8200 and got actual farking #s for MiniDLNA status and not zeroes.
I am going to bask in the glory of happiness from finally getting this to work.
Until tomorrow when something else doesn't work. But for now...in the immortal words of Johnny Drama VICTORY!!!

Pharfar

Dabbler
Minidlna is driving me n u t s. Or it was. I hope this info will help others, since it wasn't minidlna's fault, but rather a question of adding extra mount points.

Problem:
The system was up and running and my mediaplayers could see minidlna. But no files were found.
Code:
[2013/02/26 18:40:42] minidlna.c:917: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.0.24 [SQLite 3.7.13].
[2013/02/26 18:40:42] minidlna.c:940: warn: Creating new database...
[2013/02/26 18:40:42] minidlna.c:1019: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200
[2013/02/26 18:40:42] scanner.c:737: warn: Scanning /media
[2013/02/26 18:40:42] scanner.c:808: warn: Scanning /media finished (0 files)!
[2013/02/26 18:40:42] playlist.c:126: warn: Parsing playlists...
[2013/02/26 18:40:44] upnpsoap.c:1739: warn: Returning UPnPError 402: Invalid Args
[2013/02/26 18:40:46] upnpsoap.c:1739: warn: Returning UPnPError 402: Invalid Args

My mount points did work, as I could see them with ls -al, but the subfolders were empty.

Then I tried to set a mount point for EACH sub directory! And B I N G O .-) That worked
/mnt/tank/shared/media
/mnt/tank/shared/media/movies
/mnt/tank/shared/media/tvshows
/mnt/tank/shared/media/music
/mnt/tank/shared/media/pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.