Mini-ITX Case Recommendation?

Kortex

Dabbler
I need to buy a new Mini-ITX case. My only requirements are support for at least four 3.5" HDDs and good airflow. I've looked at several (read: too many) cases but none of them seem to have decent airflow. Does anyone have experience with one that does? Thank you!!

KrisBee

Wizard
SuperChassis 721TQ-250B(2) ? Used in ixsystems mini. You can mod/fit a small fan behind front grill for increased air flow.

Kortex

Dabbler
SuperChassis 721TQ-250B(2) ? Used in ixsystems mini. You can mod/fit a small fan behind front grill for increased air flow.

this is what I have and the cooling is abysmal. it worked fine with 5400 rpm drives, but 7200s overheat very quickly

Redcoat

MVP
this is what I have and the cooling is abysmal. it worked fine with 5400 rpm drives, but 7200s overheat very quickly
I agree completely - I found that case touch and go with 5400 rpm drives and also for the processor (I put two small fans below the drive cages to get more air over the motherboard).

Constantin

Vampire Pig
The Mini-XL case is not much better and stuffs even more drives into an enclosure with 8 drives instead of 4. I retrofitted a more powerful fan in the back. That helped. However, I'd go for Helium drives, if you can. Few small cases are built for real server applications. The Supermicro chassis is no exception.

I really like the Lian Li Q26 but that's much bigger and also no longer available.

Kortex

Dabbler
The Mini-XL case is not much better and stuffs even more drives into an enclosure with 8 drives instead of 4. I retrofitted a more powerful fan in the back. That helped. However, I'd go for Helium drives, if you can. Few small cases are built for real server applications. The Supermicro chassis is no exception.

I really like the Lian Li Q26 but that's much bigger and also no longer available.

I have my drives already.

Kortex

Dabbler
I do not have any particular experience with Mini-ITX, but I know that

Hmm there are a few interesting cases on Ablecom! To be honest, I'd use a mid-tower case I have sitting around (caselabs sm8 merlin) but it won't support a mini-itx motherboard. It would also look rather ridiculous but that's ok.