Mineos (server) file/structure Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortfan

Cadet
I know this is completely stupid but I'm unable to locate where the Mineos resources/folders have been placed. i have a container for Mineos running within a VM (running Linux 64bit). I only have one Datastore/volume set up but I'm unable to find any of the files or file structure that i'd expect to see for Mineos. All i really want to do is replace world with my own map, I don't mind creating new instances of Mineos if need be (I'm guessing i've done something wrong) any pointers would be appreciated, thanks :) (btw the server and webgui work fine, just cant find where its all stored ;; )

Hi Mortfan and welcome to the Forums!

When you install MineOS in a jail or use the plugin, the resources are located in /var/games/minecraft. I'm pretty sure the Linux version uses the same folder structure. You'll see one subfolder for each of your servers in the "server" folder, so that's where you can copy your worlds, mods, etc...
I keep my data in a dedicated folder in my main pool, and just mount it on top of /var/games/minecraft in my jail, so it's independent of the MineOS installation and makes it easy to maintain/schedule snapshots and do rollbacks using the FreeNAS gui.

Mortfan

Cadet
Hi Mortfan and welcome to the Forums!

When you install MineOS in a jail or use the plugin, the resources are located in /var/games/minecraft. I'm pretty sure the Linux version uses the same folder structure. You'll see one subfolder for each of your servers in the "server" folder, so that's where you can copy your worlds, mods, etc...
I keep my data in a dedicated folder in my main pool, and just mount it on top of /var/games/minecraft in my jail, so it's independent of the MineOS installation and makes it easy to maintain/schedule snapshots and do rollbacks using the FreeNAS gui.

Thanks for the quick response :) is it possible to navigate to these folders using winscp? I can get into the freenas /root directory but can't find the files for mineos anywhere.

Since you mentioned you've installed MineOS in a VM, you won't find these in the FreeNAS file system. You should WinSCP to the VM's IP-address instead.
Note that, in order to connect with WinSCP, you need SSH running in that VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.