MineOS crash after new server

HenriH

Dabbler
Ive looked around internet for a while now and i hope i can find help here.
I have FreeNAS-11.2-U5 running, and i want to install minecraft server.

Ive installed basic installation of MineOS and can login just fine to webui.
After i click Create new server it (webui) crashes in 3 seconds and i have to reboot server to login again in.
Ive searched internet for a fix for this with no luck. Where to continue from here ?

HenriH

Dabbler
Here are some codes from .log file if it helps.

,"function":null,"line":760,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":37,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":166,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":13,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":718,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":13,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":"iterate","line":262,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":29,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":274,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":16,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":44,"method":null,"native":false}],"stack":["TypeError: path must be a string or Buffer"," at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:904:18)"," at Object.mineos.server_pids_up (/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js:59:17)"," at mineos.mc.self.property (/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js:1265:27)"," at self.verify (/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js:1532:10)"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:760:23"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:166:37"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:718:13"," at iterate (/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:262:13)"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:274:29"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:44:16"],"level":"error","message":"uncaughtException: path must be a string or Buffer","timestamp":"2019-08-13T15:03:50.986Z"}

HenriH

Dabbler
Another log from restart and retry

{"command":"create","server_name":"mineos_server","properties":{"generate-structures":true},"level":"info","message":"[WEBUI] Received emit command from 192.168.0.100:mcserver","timestamp":"2019-08-13T15:10:16.190Z"}
{"date":"Tue Aug 13 2019 18:10:16 GMT+0300 (EEST)","process":{"pid":8391,"uid":0,"gid":0,"cwd":"/","execPath":"/usr/local/bin/node","version":"v8.16.0","argv":["/usr/local/bin/node","/usr/local/games/minecraft/webui.js","start"],"memoryUsage":{"rss":92876800,"heapTotal":27373568,"heapUsed":23173776,"external":192288}},"os":{"loadavg":[0.1572265625,0.19091796875,0.16259765625],"uptime":1561},"trace":[{"column":18,"file":"fs.js","function":"Object.fs.readdirSync","line":904,"method":"readdirSync","native":false},{"column":17,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js","function":"Object.mineos.server_pids_up","line":59,"method":"server_pids_up","native":false},{"column":27,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js","function":"mineos.mc.self.property","line":1265,"method":"property","native":false},{"column":10,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js","function":"self.verify","line":1532,"method":"verify","native":false},{"column":23,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":760,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":37,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":166,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":13,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":718,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":13,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":"iterate","line":262,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":29,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":274,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":16,"file":"/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":44,"method":null,"native":false}],"stack":["TypeError: path must be a string or Buffer"," at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:904:18)"," at Object.mineos.server_pids_up (/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js:59:17)"," at mineos.mc.self.property (/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js:1265:27)"," at self.verify (/usr/local/games/minecraft/mineos.js:1532:10)"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:760:23"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:166:37"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:718:13"," at iterate (/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:262:13)"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:274:29"," at /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:44:16"],"level":"error","message":"uncaughtException: path must be a string or Buffer","timestamp":"2019-08-13T15:10:16.194Z"}

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

I cannot reproduce this. Can you provide some more information, for example:
Did you install the MineOS plugin through the FreeNAS UI?

What profile are you using? Did you tweak any settings in the server properties? Have you tried creating a new/different minecraft server in MineOS, where you just specify the server name and the server port and leave everything else alone?

Did you change any permissions in the jail? Are you sharing any folders in your jail or even the whole iocage dataset or pool?

HenriH

Dabbler
I cannot reproduce this. Can you provide some more information, for example:
Did you install the MineOS plugin through the FreeNAS UI?

What profile are you using? Did you tweak any settings in the server properties? Have you tried creating a new/different minecraft server in MineOS, where you just specify the server name and the server port and leave everything else alone?

Did you change any permissions in the jail? Are you sharing any folders in your jail or even the whole iocage dataset or pool?

Installed using UI
I downloaded latest profile, 1.14.4 (crashed even I downloaded and didnt)
I did try to make with only server name, still did crash.
Default permissions, and Im not sharing folder where jail is.

This is past anyways now. I did read about 100 different websites to figure out this problem.
After I did this:
service mineos onestop
service mineos oneupdate
service mineos start

Everything worked fine. Strange is I deleted jail and made new one and server worked just right away without those commands.
Dunno what happened but having fun on my own server :)

Smiley3113

Cadet
I have got the exact same issue. Fresh install with no dataset and no changed permissions.

Profiles download fine but after a few seconds of creating a server the jail crashes.

The commands provided by HenriH do not work for me though and neither does a reinstall of the plugin.